I’ve been thinking of making an eye cream for some time, so when I came across this recipe on SimpleLifeMom.comI decided to give it a try! There are simpler recipes out there, with less oils, and you may find this one a bit fiddly – but I do like all the oils in this cream. Well worth the effort! The author does also sell this oil on Etsy if you don’t want to make it yourself!
What Oils are Used?
There is a specific reason why each of these oils are used. They each contribute to the health, firmness, and elasticity of your skin in various ways.Sweet Almond – Softens, Soothes, and re-conditions skin. High in fatty acids.
- Apricot Kernel – high in Vitamin A and is very rich in Oleic and Linoleic Acid; helps skin to retain clarity and elasticity
- Carrot Seed – revitalizing and toning, “assists in removing toxins and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firm appearance. It has a detoxifying effect on the liver and cleans the digestive system and the body as a whole.” (source)
- Rose Hip – Has Vitamins A and E. It is “effective at promoting tissue regeneration and can help prevent and minimize wrinkles” (source)
- Frankincense -anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent. One of my favorite oils with great healing qualities!
- Myrrh – contains a number of flavonoids which assist in reducing inflammation and boosts the immune system.
- Sandalwood – balances oil in skin, healing to dry or irritated skin
- Lemon – helps to cleanse and revitalize skin
- Rosemary – natural oil antioxidant (naturally helps to preserve oils). Helps to ease lines or wrinkles, regulates oil production, increases circulation, and cleanses skin.
- Lavender – very healing to the skin, mild, antiviral and antibacterial.
- Geranium – healing to the skin, balances oils, mildly works to reduce acne, eczema, cellulite, stretchmarks, scarring and dry skin.
For the recipe, see the full article on SimpleLifeMom.com
Image from 123rf.com