Running around outdoors in the lush summer vegetation is fun for both people and animals, but sometimes at the end of the day you find yourself (or your beloved dog), with one or more ticks attached. Not fun at all!
So, how can you make these ticks stay away? Use a spray made with essential oils that they hate 😉
Here are a few combinations you could use:
- In a small container or bowl, combine 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or almond oil, 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel, and 30 to 40 drops geranium essential oil. Mix it well and use an eye dropper to apply the mixture to your skin and rub it in. You can also apply two to three drops to your dog’s collar to repel ticks.
- Make the same combination but use lavender essential oil instead of geranium. You can also use half geranium and half lavender essential oils.
- Combine 1 cup water, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, and 6 to 10 drops of geranium or lavender essential oil in a spray bottle. This tick repellent can be sprayed on clothing, your pet’s fur, your skin, and your lawn.
- Ticks are not fond of citrus, so you can make a citrus tick repellent. Boil 2 cups of water and add any combination of 2 sliced citrus fruits: lemons, limes, oranges, or grapefruit. Allow the mixture to boil for about a minute, then simmer for one hour. Remove the fruit and put the liquid through a strainer. Pour into a spray bottle and use on your skin, your pet’s fur, and on your lawn.
- Combine 16 ounces of water and 20 to 25 crops of peppermint essential oil in a spray bottle and spritz onto clothing, your dog’s fur, and your lawn.
There are even more ways to make your own tick repellent on the original article: make sure to go read the rest of this article.
Image Source: https://flic.kr/p/bZ3VA9