Muscle pain : we live with it every day. It could come from simply just standing or sitting for too long, from exercise, sleeping in the wrong position, bad position during work hours, but it can also be a side effect of some diseases, like fibromylagia or flu. No matter why we have the pain, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to relieve this pain naturally?
Depending on the cause of your muscle pain, here are some natural ways to alleviate it:
- take a 15 minutes warm bath with Epsom salts (1 – 2 cups to a tub of water). Add a few drops of lavender oil for general relaxation 😉
- stretch your muscles before and after exercise: this way you’ll be less likely to get injured
- if your muscle pain is caused by inflammation, use an ice pack on the affected area for 10 to 20 minutes.
- take 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil daily (it has anti-inflammatory properties). There are lots of ways to add it to your diet: put a spoon in your coffee, add it to toasted bread, use it in cooking, etc.
- ask a family member to gently massage your painful muscles with a pain blend made with essential oils (see mine below)
See next page for the blend I use…