Lip care is very important: not only for looks, but also because chapped lips can get infected. Roses are well known for their amazing skin rejuvenating and softening qualities. Rose infused oil is a great addition to homemade skin care. And peppermint is refreshing and healing. You’ll get a tingling feeling when using this lip balm and your lips will smell delicious!
- 1 tablespoon shea butter (.5 oz by weight)
- 2.5 tablespoons (1 oz by weight) rose infused oil (for tubes, use about 1 tablespoon more for tins)
- 1/2 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax (.4 oz by weight)
- powdered alkanet root (for natural color)
- 15 or so drops of peppermint essential oil
For directions and tips on making this delicious smelling lip balm, check out Jan’s blog post.