Cassia, a close relative of cinnamon has been used for years for its wonderful fragrance and its calming properties. Because of its heat, cassia needs to be diluted when applied to the skin. you can use any carrier oils to dilute it with.
Warning: please keep out of reach of children and avoid when pregnant or nursing.
Cassia essential oil blends well with sweet orange and clove for a wonderful diffusing scent reminiscent of the holidays 🙂
Here are 7 ways to use Cassia Essential oil:
- arthritis pain – improves blood circulation and brings a warming, calming sensation to the joints
- cold & flu – it can reduce fevers and helps fight common colds & flu because of its antibacterial and antiviral properties
- metabolism – helps digestion
- constipation – balances intestine flora
- digestive issues – it reduces gas and helps with nausea and vomiting
- cough – has antiviral properties
- hypertension – this effect is seen mostly in diabetic people, as it lowers the blood sugar and improves blood circulation